When I first got into steel clubs years ago it was mainly with singles and as I got more confident with them I wanted to up my skills with double variations. However, there were no real educational sources at the time. Then when I searched on Youtube people were more so showing off with steel clubs with music playing with no coaching cues (this was also a problem with maces too). So I came up with my own workouts instead of subscribing to the “monkey see, monkey do” method. I learn best when someone breaks it down and makes the movements clear with solid coaching cues. That’s what made me so good at kettlebell doubles learning from StrongFirst Masters and Team Leaders at their SFG level 1 & 2 certifications. They made me realize I should treat my workouts like practice…not a beating session to the point of injury. So over the course of a couple months I applied those SFG principles to make EFFECTIVE steel club double workouts.
Fast forward to now and I’ve now made many YouTube videos on steel club workouts, published a whole ebook on indian and steel clubs (GADA Club) and a certification for fit professionals to teach steel clubs to their clients (KIPS Foundations Of Club Training). I’ve always enjoyed training with steel clubs for the simple fact they are shaped unlike any other tool being elongated (versus the typical circular shape of many tools).
Below are FOUR double steel club workouts I’ve put together with the sets and reps under each video link:
- Pullover + Back Step Lunges: 5 REPS EACH SIDE / 3 SETS
- Seesaw Pullover: Perform 30-45 Seconds / 3-4 SETS
- Press Out Squats: 10 REPS / 3-4 SETS
- Pullover + Steel Cross +Reverse Fly: 3-5 REPS / 3-4 SETS
Rotational Pullover+ SIDE SWING LUNGE: 6-8 REPS EACH SIDE/ 3 SETS
- Half Kneeling T-Spine Rotations: 5 Reps Each side / 3 Sets
- Pullover + Swing + Pressout Squat: 6-8 Reps / 4 Sets
- Side Lunge/Cossack Pressouts: 5 Reps Each Side / 3 Sets
Steel Cyclones: Perform for 30 Seconds one side, rest 30 seconds, and then perform other side for 30 sec = 1 Round - Perform 3 Rounds on 30/30 Interval clock.
- Seesaw Pullovers to Lunge: 5 Reps L/R - 3 SETS
- In & Out Swing Complex: 3 REPS (all =1 rep) - 3-4 SETS
- 3-D Lunge Cross Complex: 2 REPS (all = 1 rep)- 2-3 SETS
- Shouldered Squat to Press: 6-8 Reps - 3-4 SETS
- Uppercut Lunges : Perform for 30-45 Seconds 3-4 SETS
- Seesaw Torque Presses : 6-8 Reps (L&R = 1 rep)- 3-4 SETS
If you like to see more steel club double workouts be sure to check my ebook GADA Club: Guide for Indian & Steel Club Strength Training. You get everything you need educationally with broken down tutorials in each chapter and 40 workouts with every exercise hyperlinked to private video demos — click HERE to purchase now.